Welcome to My Thoughts

Welcome to my thoughts, my dreams, my hopes for my future and the future of mankind. I find myself in a position of having my world turned upside down and have found a safe place for me to go and say what's on my mind & in my heart and I want to share that with all those I care about. So •*¨*•.¸¸ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Welcome Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¸¸.•*¨*•., and I hope you find some answers and some enjoyment while you explore my blog and get to know me on a deeper & more personal manner.

Friday, September 02, 2011

Fibromyalgia is a pain.....

...and it seems to be getting worse. No, that really isn't true. It's just that when the pain is so great it's hard to focus on anything and I belong to so many Fibro or Chronic Illness groups that I can't bring myself to post on when everything is hurting, so here I am, back on my blog, whining again. I am so sorry but I have to vent when I am hurting inside and out. DAMN! Damn! damn I started off today really good. Did all the dishes, not that there were that many, vacumed the entire house, and we do have a big house, and relaxed and enjoyed feeling decent and now that I let the pain get ahead of me I am in misery. It hurts to sit, it hurts to stand, it hurts to lay...my muscles hurt, my bones hurt, my joints hurt, my skin hurts, even my hair hurts but that is from the headache I'm sure. I've taken some more Excedrin but it hasn't kicked in yet and I had to take another Percocet, but as usual, I put off taking it until the pain was unbearable so now I just have to hang on and be as comfortable as I can get while it kicks in. Sometimes I think this is no way to live when I am in a flare and then again...living is much better than the alternative. I found a picture a while back. I'll have to post it here cause it pretty much says it in a nutshell.
 

 
                                                         

2 comments:

  1. I can relate. I'm still trying to perfect the art of pacing. One thing I wanted to mention that might help. If you wait to take medication until you can't stand the pain anymore, the meds have to work harder to kick in. It's best to take your pill earlier rather than later and it can have better effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard that and I sometimes think I'm a glutton for pain. Not really but I get so wrapped up in what I'm doing I keep forgetting or waiting to finish my project, which is really not to bright since it's not like it's going anywhere. LOL I keep trying to think ahead but I also have a friend that went through hell with withdrawal from the meds she was on and it really had an impact on how I think so in order to not get "addicted" to any pain meds I wait until I'm past the point of being in controllable pain.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. They are deeply appreciated.