Welcome to My Thoughts

Welcome to my thoughts, my dreams, my hopes for my future and the future of mankind. I find myself in a position of having my world turned upside down and have found a safe place for me to go and say what's on my mind & in my heart and I want to share that with all those I care about. So •*¨*•.¸¸ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Welcome Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¸¸.•*¨*•., and I hope you find some answers and some enjoyment while you explore my blog and get to know me on a deeper & more personal manner.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Friends

That's What I Call A Friend

You asked me, once upon a time,
What friendship means to me?
I didn't answer right away,
I had to think, you see.

I have had so many friends
Who have come and gone from me.
But each of them has left a mark
On who I've come to be.

Some of them did make a choice 
To move on with their lives.
But some of them stayed with me
and I've come to realize,

No matter if they come or go,
You're always going to find,
You've tucked them away so safely
In your heart and in your mind.

You draw from all those memories 
Of things you used to do.
They lighten up and make you smile
 At  the things you both went through.

So, if someone's touched your life
And shared everything with you
And kept you feeling loved and safe
Then that's a friendship that is true.

I don't care if they live next door,
Cross the country, Or half a world away,
When someone helps you through troubled times
Then that spirit of friendship is here to stay.

So to answer your question about friendship,
I can tell you what I know.
There are people I've never met face to face
But I love them as friends and so...

The friends that I've known through the years
Who've touched me in some way
Will still be remembered with love and joy
Even on my final day.

By Marti Gipson on 10/24/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. They are deeply appreciated.